Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ouch!


Toward the end of July, Ryan was on a business trip in Brazil. It was a Sunday morning. I had the kids and myself ready for church. I was going to drop the kids off at a friend's house while I went to an early meeting. I had forgotten to brush Cole's teeth. We went into the bathroom to brush his teeth. He stood up on the stool, but then slipped. He fell, banged his chin on the counter, and bit clear through his lip! There was blood EVERYWHERE!! I took me a while to get the blood to slow down so I could see where it was even coming from. This picture ws the next day and does not do it justice. It was gross. A major hole in his lip. I called the insta-care to find out if I needed to bring him in. They said no and told me to have him do a salt water gargle. A salt water gargle with a 23 month old? Right, lady.
Over the next few days his lip tripled in size and a huge white sore formed inside his lip. It eventually closed up and the swelling went away. He still has the red scar on the outside of his lip, though. Poor guy!!

2 comments:

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

Working in the dental field...you wouldn't believe how often that happens! But kids are so resilient! It amazes me what they can do and then their up and running just a few minutes later. The white sore in his mouth was most likely a canker sore...a lot of times that can happen when there has been trauma to the gingival tissue. So glad he's doing better!

Tiffini said...

Poor little guy :( Looks like you had an enjoyable trip to Utah.