Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas

Christmas morning started at our usual wake up time- 6:30. The kids were so excited! I was, too. I barely slept. We did stockings first. Then we had our traditional sticky bun breakfast, before opening the rest of the presents. Not Ryan's favorite tradition, but I like that it stretches out the present opening. Plus that's the way we always did it ;)

Santa brought just what the kids wanted, minus the sled for Hayden.


Hayden got lots of Barbies and Fancy Nancy. Cole got lots of train stuff and Buzz Lightyear.
Look at that excited face!
After all of the opening, it was time to get to work. Setting up the train tracks and getting everything out. The Barbies took FOREVER to get out of the packaging.
We were all spoiled! The most used presents since Christmas- the construction paper both of the kids got in their stockings.
It was a very low key, relaxing day. After the morning fun, we got ready and headed to church. I love having Christmas on Sunday. It made the day perfect and helped remind us that Jesus is the real reason we celebrate!

0 comments: