
The National Gallery- we saw works from amazing artists including Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Turner, and my all time favorite Monet. I also discovered a painting I Love called "the Virgin and Child Embracing"by Sassoferrato.

The Portobello market in Nottinghill.I love these colorful row houses! And the market was so fun. I'd love to go back some day.

Cadence showing Hayden's sign in Nottinghill.
St. Paul's Cathedral. I made it part way up the stairs, and Ryan climbed clear to the top.
Natural History Museum

We went to see WarHorse in London's theater district. We love to see plays and really enjoyed this production.

After some time in London, we drove out into the country so Ryan could meet with some clients in Stonehouse. It took us a while to get out of London, though. We rented a car in the train station next to our hotel. After about 45 minutes to get the car, we got in and the gas tank was totally empty. we then spent the next 45 minutes trying to find a gas station that wasn't in the restricted congestion area. Right after getting gas, Ryan accidentally ran into a curb and blew out our tire. We then waited an hour for a tow truck, got towed and waited for the tire to be fixed. It took about 4 hours to get about 10 miles from our hotel where we originally started. Thankfully Ryan's boss, who was riding with us, has a great attitude and made light of the whole thing, teasing Ryan all day ;)

The next day Ryan spent a morning in meetings, and Ryan's customer's wife, Ann, took me on a 4-5 mile hike through the English countryside. (She had asked me if I wanted to go on a little walk, ha ha!) We may have gotten lost and ended up hiking way longer than anticipated, but it was amazing! She also took me to their house. It's very quaint. Along with most people in the area, they have a wonderful garden, because things grow so easily here.




One of the great cottages dotting the countryside.

A small mailbox built into the half wall will Queen Elizabeth's initials.

After some lunch and a quick nap, Ryan took me to see the Great Witcombe Roman Villa Ruins.

That night we went to dinner with Ryan's clients in a beautiful little town called Painswick.

Painswick Abbey.
I couldn't get over how incredibly beautiful and peaceful the English Countryside seemed. Ryan was excited that our hotel was in Gloucester right by Cooper's hill where they do the cheese rolling!
0 comments:
Post a Comment