Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Maddyn Scarlett Woodland

After being dilated to a 3 and 80 % effaced for almost a month with no baby, I went in to be induced on April 20th.Thankfully my parents got home from their mission 2 days before, so they took care of the other kids for us.
We got to the American Fork Hospital at 7am. After getting all checked in and situated, I got my epidural. I noticed after a while that I could still feel my left leg. The nurse rolled me to my side to try to get the medication down my left side. I waited a while longer, and called the nurse back in. It wasn't working. The anesthesiologist came back in and adjusted the epidural to get the medicine running down my left side. Thankfully I told them when I did, becuase just as he was finishing up, I knew it was time for the baby to come. 

I told the nurse I would go fast, but she didn't really believe I would go that fast! I called her and told her the baby was coming. She checked me, and said, "She's not coming, she's here!" She rushed to grab the doctor, Dr. Aagard, and after a couple of pushes, Maddyn Scarlett Woodland was born at 10:12 am. She weighed 7lbs. 10 oz and was 19in long. She also had some hair!! I was so excited to have a baby with hair! 
We finalized the name Maddyn on the way to the hospital that morning, but still weren't sure about a middle name. Ryan had wanted Lela after his Grandma, but that's his nieces middle name. Then he wanted Carli, but I didn't like the sound of Maddyn Carli. So, I just threw out the name Scarlett, and it fit perfectly!



We fell in love with her instantly! Isn't she just beautiful! A little angel straight from our Heavenly Father!

0 comments: