Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekly Happenings

My Aunt Christy came to visit a couple weeks ago. It has been years since I have seen her. It was so fun. We went out to eat and did some shopping. Hayden was of course showing off the whole time. We live about 20 minutes south of Wisconsin so we took her up to state line and took her picture so she could say she had been to Wisconsin. It was really great to spend time with her. Hopefully it wont be another 4 years til we see her again :)
Hayden has been busy with some new pasttimes. Some of our friends gave us this little toy car. Hayden loves it. She has been walking around pushing it all over the house. It is so cute. I love to see her little legs going.

She has been opening the cupboard doors for a while but she usually just looks. This week she has started taking things out. The first day she did, she spent the whole day banging the pots and throwing the tupperware around. It was awesome because it kept her occupied for hours and she thought she was so hilarious.

She has also been standing up on her own a lot lately. She has been doing it for a few weeks but has recently been doing it a lot more. She doesn't like to though so I couldn't get a picture of it. She will only do it if she has something in both hands and is distracted. Once she realizes she isn't holding on to anything, she immediately falls. The little stinker. It would be really nice if she would be walking by her birthday. That way she wouldn't have to crawl around outside and could have more fun this summer. First she has to get over her fear of standing alone. We'll see how it goes. Oh and one more thing. Ryan went on a business trip to Texas for two days this week. It was so cute when he came home. I saw the limo pull up so I told her daddy was home. She immediately raced to the stairs. When he walked in, she got a huge smile on her face and was waving her arms. He came up and gave her a big hug. He was so happy that she missed him. It was so cute. Anyway, that's what we've been up to :)

3 comments:

Lindy said...

a limo? wow, pretty posh!

Shylo said...

Hayden is such a cutie! We love having her over so feel free to drop her off anytime...just make sure you call first :)

Christin said...

Carli! Oh my goodness, I can't believe that you are married (I knew that) and that you have an adorable baby! How fun! Good to see you, I'm still single but blog anyways!