I have been a major blogging slacker the last few weeks. Things have been crazy here. Here's an update of our goings on (I totally understand if you don't make it to the end).....
A couple of weeks ago I put Hayden down for a nap. She was quiet for a while and I thought she was asleep. Then I thought I heard something and I went to check on her. She was holding up her diaper and saying "uh-oh". Yeah, she had completely undressed, including her diaper, and peed all over her crib. I didn't even know she could take her pants off and there she is naked and soaked. I had to clean her up, wipe down her mattress, and change her clothes and bedding. I was so mad. Then I put her back down and called Ryan. Then I was a little less mad. Then I called my mom and by the end of that conversation, I was laughing hysterically! Oh man, the joys of motherhood.
We had a visit from Ryan's parents. We went shopping and ate lots of good food. Hayden had fun playing with them and loved all of the extra attention. We forgot to take any pictures, sorry.
Motorola announced that they were laying off 3000 people from Ryan's section. So, we have been stressed over all of that. He went to work last week and people were getting tapped on the shoulder and being laid off. Poor Ryan had to sit there all day watching and waiting to see if he would be let go. Finally at the end of the day, Ryan got an email basically saying if you're getting this email you still have a job. So, thankfully we are still okay, for now.
Then this week we all had the stomach flu. Yuck! It was horrible. Hayden was sick a little on Sunday. Then Ryan and I woke up feeling horrible on Monday. We had to send Hayden to my brother's because we just could not take care of her. After 12 hours of not being able to keep anything down, my friend drove me to the emergency room. Ryan was too sick to take me. I got 3 bags of fluids and then came home and crashed. We are feeling a lot better now and spent the day scrubbing the house. Did you know the stomach flu germs can live on things for 4 weeks? Nasty!!!
Anyway, that's what we've been up to. Sorry this is such a long boring post.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
It's Been a While
Posted by Ryan and Carli at 11:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad you guys are feeling better Carli! Stomach flus are the worst! And if this is the worst stunt Hayden's pulled so far, consider yourself lucky and remember, laughing is good medicine :-)
That's too bad you were sick! That's horrible. I hate throwing up, but i'm glad you and ryan are better and I usually do the same if someone has been sick at our house, scrub down! LOL its interesting what our little rugrats learn to do, just you wait it might happen with the poop ewww that's ten million times worse! which is by the way what happened to me in a similar situation! I'm glad Ryan still has a job, its tough out there we've been through the laying off thing and its no fun to have to start over with a new job!
I'm sorry you where feeling that bad. Good thing for family and friends and great that your better.
That sucks! I'm glad you're feeling better!
Post a Comment