Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Half Birthday!


Yesterday was Cole's half birthday! Yes, he is 6 months old. Crazy.

In honor of his half birthday, we decided to make donuts. Not that he can eat them, but whatever. When we were first getting started, we thought our hands were a mess.

Then after actually trying (key word trying) to shape the donuts and playing with the dough a bit too, we were a real mess. Hayden had a blast! We tried the actual donut shape but then just went for donut holes instead.


As you can see off to the side, the donuts got a little done. We had the oil too hot so they were burning on the outside and doughy on the inside. We had a few that turned out just right, though, and they were yummy! (Notice Hayden's mouth is stuffed full)

So here's to my Cole bear. He's smiley and slobbery, loves his sister, can almost sit up, has the sweetest laugh, snuggles, weighs quite a bit(17 lbs), and makes me so happy.

His doctor is out of town so his 6 month check up is in 2 weeks. I'll post his stats then.

I had to add this picture of Hayden. Ryan got her this dress in China last year and she finally got to wear it yesterday. Don't you love her "picture face?"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Cole is 6 months! Crazy! Mmm... I love homeade donuts! Try making them out of Rhodes dough. SO YUMMY! they have a recipe on there website.

Lacey Fay Cottrell said...

I need to either stuff Justin with way more food or stop him crawling around Cole weighs as much as Justin!!! And that dress is so cute on Hayden!!

Laura =0) said...

Time flies! He's so cute! Oh and Hayden's dress is adorable, what a nice daddy :)

Tiffini said...

Homemade donuts are the best!!! Such a cute little guy you have, I can't believe it's been 6 months!!

Erin Natter said...

Hayden looks like such a little lady! Such cute kids!

Steve and Darlene said...

Hayden and Cole look so grown-up. They are so adorable! I can't wait to give them hugs and kisses.

Kelley Rae said...

Hayden's dress is adoreable - I was going to ask about it on Sunday but didn't get the chance. Love it - and the picture face! :)