Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!


To start off the Valentines festivities we had a little playgroup party at our house. The kids decorated sugar cookies. And they loved it!

Hayden loved the sprinkles. I wish I would have gotten an after picture because there was a regular amount of frosting and then a mountain of sprinkles. She is very into crafts and baking, so this was so fun for her.

I took a bunch of pictures of the kids together and I just realized that they turned out really fuzzy. This is one that you can kind of see.


I love my wild little ones!! (and boy has Hayden been wild lately. She's always had energy but lately she has had A LOT of energy)

(Ryan and I took about 10 pictures of ourselves trying to get a good one. Yeah, didn't work so well. so, this will have to do)

Then on Friday, Ryan and I went to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. We haven't been there for years. It was delicious! Saturday morning Hayden ran errands with me and we stopped to get Ryan some yummy cupcakes from a bakery. I told her they were a surprise for daddy and not to say anything. The first thing she says when we walk in the door at home is "Cupcakes Daddy." Little stinker. Ryan gave me some tulips and the kids loved the valentines they got in the mail from their grandparents and cousin Sara.
I really like Valentines day and being able to think about all of the blessings of love I have in my life. Such a great family and fun friends. We are definitely blessed with lots of love in our lives!

5 comments:

Kelley Rae said...

Well if it's the only one that turned out then it's good it was that one because it's adorable!! I'm happy to play photographer next time you want a pic of you and Ryan so you don't have to do the timer thing. I am just down the street! :)

Laura =0) said...

Carli your gorgeous! Cute pictures, all of them! Glad you guys had a good V-day full of love. Ashlin did the same thing. Surprises don't work if you take a little jabber mouth with you :) Not a bad thing at all though. Oh and I can relate on the LOTS more energy lately. Ga!! :)

LIZ said...

Looks like you had a great day! Sorry we missed the play date. Thanks for the cookies, they were yummy!!!

The Patterson's said...

I love the picture of you guys. I was actually thinking that you look gorgeous before I read what you wrote. Glad you guys had a good valentines day.

Erin Natter said...

Thanks for hosting playgroup. It was so much fun!