Friday, February 24, 2012

Baby Girl!


We are having a healthy baby girl! We went in on February 7th (the ultrasound has the wrong date) for an ultrasound. I was almost 21 weeks. The baby was curled up with her bum wedged low and her legs and feet pulled in. Because of her position the technician couldn't see her lower spine and was pretty sure it was a girl, but couldn't say 100%. I had another ultrasound this week and it is a girl and she is developing right on schedule. Hayden and Cole don't really care too much. For the first few days, every time we mentioned our new baby girl, Cole would matter of factly say, "no, it's a boy." He's now come to terms with the fact that she's a girl. He loves to kiss my belly and talk to the baby. Hayden isn't so into it all. She's excited for a new baby, but really passive about the whole thing for now.
The morning of the ultrasound.
After the ultrasound, we got lunch at one of our favorite places, Mainstreet Smokehouse. It was as delicious as ever. Then we did a little shopping. This is the first outfit for our little miss (except for what we still have from Hayden). The picture really doesn't do it justice. It's so tiny and just adorable. I'm excited for all of the ruffles, bracelets, bows, etc that come with having a baby girl!

We are so happy to have this sweet baby girl coming to us in a few months, and we know she is a blessing from our Heavenly Father. I'm in love with her already!

4 comments:

Lacey Fay Cottrell said...

so excited for your family!! That will be one lucky girl, especially since her mom is an excellent hair bow and accessories maker!!

Tiffini said...

congrats, hooray for bows, and frilly things again!

ashcardon said...

Yay!! I am so excited for you guys and I hope that you are doing well!!!

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

Yay! Congratulations :). So happy for you guys!