Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Outfits

So, "Kelley the great" as I've deemed her, has been giving me sewing lessons recently. I bought a sewing machine at a yard sale 4 years ago and never got it out. I didn't even know if it worked until Kelley came and helped me.
My first project was a skirt for myself, which is completely done, except for the clasp. It's been sitting on my counter for about a month waiting for me to put the stinkin clasp on it. Someday....

My second project was a spring dress for Hayden. It turned out pretty cute and Kelley even helped me make the adorable matching hair clip. My beautiful girl!

I had been looking for something for Cole to wear but didn't find anything great. Well Kelley teaches a do-it-yourself class every other month (I told you she's great) and taught us how to make the tie onesies (and the shamrock shirts they wore for St. Paddys). Since I like the matchey matchey thing for my kids (to a point), I made the matching onesie for Cole.
As a side note, notice Cole sits up by himself now!! And on another side note, I love it when he smiles with his binky in! So cute!

Have I bragged about how cute my kids are in this post yet? Aren't they so cute?!

5 comments:

Kelley Rae said...

Your kids ARE so stinkin cute!! And great job on the dress and onesie - I love matchie matchie stuff too!! In case you didn't already know ;) And thanks, though I really don't deserve a title like that. It was a blast helping you out, I kinda miss my Wednesday mornings :)

Tiffini said...

Great job!!! Yes your kids are so cute!!

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

I am so so impressed! My mom is a fantastic seamstress and tried and tried to get me to learn when I was growing up...but I wouldn't ever give her the time of day. Now, I wish I had because I really would like to sew! It is such a lost art, and I think it is so amazing that you are taking lessons and learning how to do it! Maybe I'll have to follow your example :). The dress is seriously so adorable! Good job!

Lacey Fay Cottrell said...

Awesome job!! They turned out so cute! I'll be looking out for that skirt sometime too :)!! I will agree that your kids are stinkin cute!!

Tim and Heidi said...

Way Cute! You are going to have to teach me how to sew. I think Tim would like a shirt with a tie sewed on it. :)