Monday, March 21, 2011

Park and Projects

We had a couple of sunny, warm, spring like days last week. So, we hit the park!! We went with a bunch of friends one day, and then with Daddy on Saturday.
It was heavenly! I think I was as happy about it as the kids. I want to be done with being stuck indoors. Come on summer! Hayden was with us this day, but she refused to have her picture taken.



I got together with my friends Liz and Lacey for a craft day last week, also. I made a tie for Cole (thanks for the idea Mel). I think it turned out so cute and I want to make him more soon.
We had an activity with the Young Women at church and they made their own modest skirts. We asked them to wear them to church on the same day. Since Lacey and I are their leaders, we decided we should do it to. So, here's the skirt I made. It was super fast and easy. It turned out okay but it doesn't fit perfectly. Oh well, I made it!
I decided I need to start doing regular sewing projects. I enjoy it, as long as they are simple and fast. My sewing attention span is pretty short ;)

2 comments:

Tina said...

okay, so I totally started crying when I saw the "Goates park" on this post. We miss you guys and our "home". We have only been gone a few months, but Cole is like this little boy, I can't believe it! Hope to see you guys soon!

Lindy said...

I need the tie tutorial! How did you do it?