Friday, October 24, 2008

Lame

So, Hayden has playgroup once a week with about 4 other kids. We take turns having it at our house. This week was supposed to be at our house but I thought it would be fun to take the kids to a petting zoo I read about in a community magazine.


I looked up the directions on google maps and we headed to the petting zoo. It should have taken us 20 minutes to get there but it took an hour. Yes, an hour. Google maps gave me the wrong directions. I was so bugged. That's the first lame part.We finally make it there and I said "This better be worth and hour in the car." Was it? Umm, no. It was this dinky little place with a lot of chickens and ducks, a bunny, 2 goats and 2 cows that were hiding. We couldn't even pet the animals. Why call it a petting zoo if the animals are behind a fence and you can't get anywhere near them? The girls did like the animals but it took us 5 minutes to see them all. So, it took us an hour to get there and we stayed 5 minutes. LAME!!

We ended up stopping at McDonalds 2 minutes from my house and taking it back to let the kids play at my house. So much for great ideas :)

4 comments:

Laura =0) said...

Hey! I've gotten wrong directions from them too and mapquest once too. Sucky, glad you guys ended up having fun!

Melenie said...

It looks so cold at your house!

Shylo said...

That stinks...I hate it when that happens. I love the pic of the three girls. What fun that Hayden already has a group of little friends! :)

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Doesn't the Lincoln Park zoo have a petting zoo portion?