Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight at Midnight

Yep, that's right I went with my mom and Shylo to see Twilight at midnight on Thursday. Us and a bunch of middle school girls. We got to the theater at 10 that night expecting to wait in line in the lobby. But, I made the mistake of getting us tickets at the ghetto theater so we had to wait in line outside. Yes, we waited for almost 2 hours in below freezing weather. I really think I was reaching points of hypothermia by the time they let us in. I wanted to get a picture of Shylo huddled on the ground trying to rub some feeling back into her toes, but I couldn't feel my fingers well enough to get my camera out of my purse. We eventually made it inside and got to see the movie. I thought it was ok but I was a little disappointed. I want to see it again to see if maybe I was too concentrated on thawing out and missed the greatness of the movie. Maybe when it hits a Redbox near me....


Can I just say, I love the fact that I have a mom that will go to a midnight showing of a movie based on a book that she didn't really even like......what a fun mom!!

4 comments:

Melenie said...

That brings back memories of going to Denny's at midnight during high school!

Still haven't read the book, probably won't see the movie either, you're mom sure is cute!

Tiffini said...

So fun that your mom was able to come that long! You are nuts for standing in the cold that long, it's too bad it wasn't all worth it. I have heard from a couple people it wasn't what they thought it would be.

Brandy J. said...

I saw Twilight this weekend. If I hadn't read the books I would have thought it was really lame. There were a few parts that were supposed to be serious, but I found myself laughing out loud at. Oh well, I'm still glad I saw it. I heard they'll have a bigger budget for the next one so hopefully it will look a little less "made for TV movie-ish."

Shylo said...

Good times...we need another girls night out sans the freezing temperatures!