Sunday, July 11, 2010

4th of July Festivities

We had a very busy and fun filled 4th of July weekend.
It started off with a pool party at our friend's the McMillans on Saturday morning. We've been swimming in their pool a few times this summer and it's always so great. Hayden the fish loved it, of course. Cole loves the pool too. He was in for about an hour then went in the house for a nap. Here he is after he's fully rested.


Later that night, we went with my bro's fam and some friends to see fireworks. We got there about an hour before they started and just let the kids run and play.

Cole found a red vine one of the kids had left laying around. He was in heaven.
Ryan was helping the kids find fireflies. Hayden does not like bugs. At all. But she was so excited about the fireflies!


I decided since I'm usually the picture taker instead of in the pictures, that I would get some proof that I'm actually an active, involved parent ;)

I asked Hayden why she's ornery in all of the family pictures and she said because she just wanted to play. Silly me. Hayden was not a huge fan of the fireworks. She kept saying "they're too loud." She was scared and wanted to sit with Ryan or me. We had to cover her ears for her. We covered Cole's ears too, and he just hung out watching.

Sunday was spent going to church, then lounging and recouperating from Saturday. Then Monday we headed up to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. We walked by the water, showed the kids the boats, and visited the shops. Later that night, we went to a BBQ to say goodbye to some good friends, the Greenwells, who moved to Kansas.

It was such a fun week and we really enjoyed spending time as a family!

0 comments: