We have had a lot of water time lately and it has been a lot of fun.
(practicing kicking)
I mentioned before that Hayden was taking swim lessons. Well, on the last day of class, parents were allowed down by the pool to take pictures. It was so fun to see how much Hayden loves to swim.

Hayden had been telling me that she was supposed to jump off the diving board at swim lessons but she was too scared. So, I noticed her sitting on the side talking to her teacher and decided to be a "hovering parent" for a minute. I went over and sure enough it was time to jump off the diving board. Miss Jessica was trying to convince Hayden to do it, with no success. (Hayden can be very stubborn) So, I told her I would hold her hand in line until it was her turn to jump. She agreed and did it! I was so proud of her for being so brave. Of course she thought it was so fun.

Avery, whom Hayden calls her best friend, was able to take swim lessons at the same time. Obviously they weren't being too cooperative for the picture.

Here's Hayden with her teacher Miss Jessica. She asked me if Hayden was taking another class this summer because Hayden's so cute and she wanted to teach her again :)

Once swim lessons were over, we headed to Lehmann beach for playgroup. It's just a little beach but it was so nice because it has big shade trees, benches and a playground. Cole was. in. heaven! He immediately took to the water and obviously the sand. Ryan saw this picture and said, "So, you saw him eating a rock and your first thought was 'I should take a picture', instead of 'I should take that rock out of his mouth.'" Yes, actually. That's exactly how it went ;)

I had to keep picking him up and moving him closer to the sand because he had no fear. He crawled straight out and would have kept going. The mouthfulls of nasty lake water were no deterrent.
Hayden, of course, loved it too! Especially since Avery was there.
Good times being little fishies!
1 comments:
Oh, I wish MaKell would be more like Hayden. She's such a scaredy cat when it comes to water. Way to go girlie!!
Post a Comment