
Ryan's on a business trip to China, so the kids and I have been trying to stay busy to make the time go by more quickly. We made a trip down to the Brookfield Zoo. It was the first time I have taken the kids without any friends or anything. It was really fun to have some us time and do our own thing there.

This is how Cole spent most of our time at the zoo. We were there during his nap time and he was really tired. He did perk up for the dolphins and giraffes and was so cute waving to them. I wish I could have gotten a picture, but I was holding him so it wasn't happening.

Hayden couldn't decide which animal was her favorite. I liked the bears this time around. They have a new bear exhibit and it's awesome. There is a grizzly and a polar bear. They were both swim and playing in the water. The exhibit has a glass wall so we got up close. Well, as close as you can get when there are a hundred people in there with you.


Hayden found this stick and was very excited to get her picture taken with it. Silly girl.

The lighting by the giraffes is obviously not ideal.

We stayed for a couple hours then headed home exhausted. I love getting out and having fun with my kids.
This is the last of my posts for the night. Sorry again for the overload. It's just so hard staying caught up when we're so busy playing ;)
*On a side note, I just finished scrubbing my bathroom after Hayden made the toilet overflow. Picture water pouring out of the toilet, a few calls to good old dad, a plunger, and about 12 towels. Good times being the "man of the house" while Ryan's away.
1 comments:
Looks like you had a blast!! Sorry we couldn't make it but I know who to go to to find the details on the zoo when my sister comes to visit!! Way to go miss fix it with your toilet too!!
Post a Comment