Ryan's birthday was on Saturday, July 31st. He didn't get to have a very exciting birthday. It was during finals so he spent the day studying from 10am to 2 am on Sunday. He took a break for lunch, dinner, and of course cake. He wanted a cheesecake. I found a quick cheesecake recipe online. It did NOT turn out. So, Monday I headed to Costco and got him a good cake.

Since he didn't get much of a birthday, we went exploring the following Friday. Some of his coworkers told him we needed to check out St. Charles, Illinois. It's about an hour away so we decided to make a day of it. It wasn't very exciting. Definitely not what we were expecting.

It's an older historic town, but it was really spread out and we couldn't find anything to really see. There was one cool thing about this town. It is right on the Fox River, so there are fox all throughout the town. Fox sculptures, fox pictures in store windows, fox on the sewer covers, fox everywhere. We found this cool sculpture.

We came across a park while we were exploring. The kids were happy about that. We really enjoy checking out new places. Even though it wasn't super exciting, we had a great time!

The next morning we headed to Six Flags, because the season is going to be ending soon and we want to get in as much fun there as we can. I love this picture! I was trying to get a picture of them while the ride was going, but couldn't get a good angle. I made them stay on for a second after the ride ended. Hayden was not too happy about it. Obviously!

We actually did a couple things this time that we haven't done before. We took the train ride around the park, which the kids loved. Hayden and I also went on the motor cars. We waited in line for a VERY long time, but it was worth it because Hayden thought it was great. Overall we had a fun weekend having fun to make up for Ryan's stink bomb birthday!
1 comments:
Happy Birthday Ryan! And way to go attempting a home made cheesecake. I don't know what the secret is but I can never get one to turn out either!
Post a Comment