Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yeehaw

We spent last Friday night at the Lake County Fair.
This was the first thing we saw. These freak goats. There were a bunch like this with their ears cut off. Oh my gosh, they gave me the CREEPS! I had to leave because I couldn't stand to be near them. Seriously.

So, then we moved on to the pigs. A lady called me over to see this pig sticking out his tongue. We were laughing and taking pictures. Then another lady came over and said, " He's not sticking out his tongue. He's just getting a drink of water." Oh. Well then.

After a while, and some persuasion, Hayden braved up and pet the pigs ear.

Cole's favorite part was the bunnies and the cows.

After checking out all of the animals and booths, we headed to the Rodeo. It was lame. Really lame. It was very slow moving and the cowboys were not performing. On one of the tricks, only 1 out of the 6 cowboys could even do it.
Cole didn't mind. He was too busy playing and being silly.
Hayden said her favorite part was the stickers she collected and the rodeo. Which is funny because she kept asking to leave.

So, after about 25 minutes of the low rate rodeo, we took another look at the animals, checked out the games and rides, and headed home.

I love the fair, especially at night. It's such a fun atmosphere. My favorite part of the evening was the elephant ears. Huge scones with lots of powdered sugar. Delicious.
Oh and this
The kids were up way past their bedtime, so we thought they would conk out as soon as we started driving. But they didn't. They held hands like this most of the way home.
I love how much they love each other! Hopefully, it lasts ;)

4 comments:

The Patterson's said...

Soooo cute!

Lacey Fay Cottrell said...

I love fairs!! Back home we have the state fair in my home town soooo fun but I haven't been back in nine years sniff sniff I missed the lake county one, a definite must next year. Glad you had fun!!

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

I LOVE the fair! I was seriously just thinking about the state fair and how it's only a little over a month away and I'm so excited! Your goat pictures made me laugh because I actually made friends with a goat last year. He kept following me and pulling on my shirt. He wanted me to pet his head forever. I loved that goat. Sigh. Anyway, your post made me that much more excited! Yay for fairs! :)

Kelley Rae said...

So sad we missed the fair - I love them!! But that last picture is the best, you have the sweetest little family!!