Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cole's 1st Birthday!!

Cole's first birthday was on Saturday. It was a bitter sweet day for me. It's exciting to see him grow and learn but it happens way too fast!
We had a party at the Grayslake Splash Pad and Park. Grandma and Grandpa Woodland, my brother Adam's family, and some of our "Illinois family" came to celebrate with us.


We started the party out right with some cake and cupcakes.
I found a monkey cake online and decided to adapt it to a bear, because we call Cole, Cole bear. I think it turned out okay.

Cole wasn't so sure about the cake. I don't think he really even ate any. After smearing around the frosting for a bit, he was done.
So, it was off to the water to get cleaned up and have some fun!
Cole wasn't as into it as he usually is, but still had a good time. Hayden, of course, was in heaven!


Then it was on to presents. Cole was spoiled by the generosity of our great friends! Thank you everyone ;)
He got some fun things and I'm so glad he finally has some boy toys to play with!

These are the pajamas Ryan brought back from China for him. They're so cute.

Yesterday I took both kids in for their checkups. Hayden's 3 year and Cole's 1 year.

Hayden's stats are:

Weight: 32 lbs- 70th percentile

Heights: 39 1/4 in- also 70th percentile

She's super healthy and doing so well!!

Cole's stats are:

Weight: 20lbs 7 oz- 15-20th percentile

Height: 31 3/4in- 95th percentile

Obviously, he is super long and super skinny. The pediatrician isn't concerned about him being so skinny. He said, "It's easier to get people fat than skinny. We can fatten him up later if we need to." So, we wont worry about it for now. He's perfectly healthy!

Here are a few things about Cole at 1 year-

*He takes a few steps here and there. He's doing it more and more frequently.

* He loves to put things inside other things.

*He pushes the cozy coupe around the house most of the day.

*He'll eat anything.

*He's a major babbler. Always talking.

*He adores his big sister and is a lot of fun.

*He has an attitude sometimes, especially now that he's one. (I thought that happened at 2?!)

Happy Birthday Cole Bear!! We love you and are so thankful to have you in our family :)

4 comments:

Tim and Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Cole! Can't believe he's that big already!

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

I can't believe he's already one! It seems like you just barely had him! He's so cute :). And your cake looks awesome! You did a great job!

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful birthday adventure. Loved looking at the photos. Happy Birthday, Cole from Great Grandma Woodland!

Kelley Rae said...

Happy Birthday Cole Bear! Looks like such a fun party. Too bad he didn't like the cake, it sure looked yummy from here ;) And what is up with little attitudes coming out so early. I think we're in for it too with Marley!