On Christmas Eve, we woke up to some light snow falling. It snowed before and it is so cold it sticks and turns to ice quickly. Hayden has been asking to play in the snow but I kept telling her it was to icy and we needed to wait for fresh, soft snow. So, when she woke up and saw the new snow, she was ready to go.


I have to admit, I was excited, too. Cole was napping and Ryan was working on the van. So, it was girl time!

We had so much fun together. We tried to make a snow man but the snow in our "yard" was too
icy. We did manage to hit daddy with a few snow balls. Hayden thought that was hilarious. Then we tried to sled down our little hill. It was a little too little and we didn't make it far. But Hayden liked spinning around on the sled instead. When we were done we headed inside for hot chocolate with marshmallows. We'll definitely have to head out again. I'm sure there will be plenty of snow in the next couple months.

That night we headed over to the
Goates house for our annual Christmas Eve dinner. Every year we have this dinner with a bunch of the families in our ward who don't have family near by. Last year we had it at the church because there were so many families. So many people have been moving away recently that we were down to just three families this year, Us, the
Goates, and the
Dejas. The missionaries came, too. It was still so fun and we're sad the
Goates will be moving in a few weeks.
The kids table was a little rowdy and not much eating happened there ;) Hayden ended up eating half a roll. Too much excitement, I guess.

Cole got to sit at the adult table and scarfed down plenty of food. I love that smile and the ever present drool ring on his shirt!! After the big ham dinner, the kids acted out the nativity while Steve told the story. Then we sang some Christmas songs and headed home!

While we were gone, the elves dropped off our new pajamas. Hayden ran up the stairs and freaked out. She was so excited. I wish I would have caught it on video...

Cole was too busy eating even more to care about his new duds.
After our jammas were on the kids headed off to bed, dreaming of sugar plums, or something like that ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment