Hayden and Cole both went in last Tuesday to get tubes put in their ears. I was a little nervous. It's a super simple procedure, but still a surgery. We got to the hospital and the kids got to play in the toy room for a while. Then it was into their lovely gowns and gigantic socks. They didn't mind, though, they had their balloons to make them happy.
Our wonderful visiting teachers were nice enough to bring us dinner that night so I didn't have to worry about it. We had to put drops in the kids' ears twice a day for a few days, but other than that they were totally back to normal. The night of the surgery they were up and running and playing. It's amazing how smoothly and easily it all goes.
This picture was a few days ago. They love to play in this cupboard. Notice there isn't anything in the cupboard. Where could it be? Strewn around my house, that's where :)
Hopefully, we wont have to worry about any more ear infections, or at least not so many!
3 comments:
Wow! I never had any ear infections growing up...and neither have any of my nieces and nephews...but I've heard they aren't fun. I'm so glad they're both doing good! You're kids are so stinking cute :)
I can't believe how big they both look. Glad everything went well!
Those poor little kiddies! Tim's nieces and nephews have all had tubes. I'm hoping our kids won't have to, because I've never had ear infections. That is pretty cool you saw the Home Alone house.
Post a Comment