Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

I've had so much fun this holiday season planning and doing holiday projects with Hayden and teaching her about the birth of Christ. Our Christmas day turned out to be pretty wonderful, too.
We woke up and opened stockings first. Hayden was excited about her sleeping beauty barbie and wand. Then we ate breakfast and moved on to the presents.

Cole wasn't too interested in opening the presents, but was excited to see them once they were open. Hayden kept saying "WOW! Look at that", whenever anyone opened anything. Her excitement was contagious!
Hayden's favorite present was her playdoh from Grammy and Grampa. She also got Beauty and the Beast, blocks, candy land, Don't Spill the Beans, and a few other little things. We played Candy Land 3 times before noon :)
Cole's favorite was the Weebles Tree House from Grandma and Grandpa Woodland. Hayden loves it, too. He also got Toy Story 3, books, a musical caterpillar (which he opened and was dancing to a week before Christmas) new trucks, a tool bench, and other things. After opening his books, he kept giving them kisses. It was so sweet.
Ryan got Blackhawks tickets, aWii game, and a new dress shirt. I got a hair straightener, boots, and an apple corer (which I've used every day since). We also got food storage money and Bloxus, which is so fun. We were all very, very spoiled!!
I know, I'm brave to post this picture. I showered soon after, I promise. We had fun playing playdoh all throughout the day! We spent the day lounging at home, enjoying our new toys. We used the web cam with both sets of grandparents. Since we had the big ham dinner the night before, we had "Cafe Rio" pork burritos, complete with the rice, beans and dressing. They are heavenly!! I think they're my favorite meal these days. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. Let me know if you want the recipe, they're AWESOME!!
The next day, we headed off to church. The kids donned their fancy duds and Hayden even let me curl her hair.
We had such a fantastic Christmas Season and we are so thankful for our blessings and know we have so much to be thankful for, especially the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Tim and Heidi said...

Looks like you had a good Christmas! Hope we'll see you guys soon! Can't believe how big the kids are getting!

Steve and Darlene said...

So fun to see all the pictures. Hayden and Cole look so happy and cute.