Monday, April 7, 2008

60 Degrees?! Hooray!

It was so gorgeous outside this weekend. It was actually over 60 degrees. So, after General conference (which was so good) we went to the Chain O' Lakes State Park. It was so nice to be outside! We went on a trail for a couple miles. Hayden rode in a backpack carrier on Ryan's back. She tried to climb out a couple times but loved the ride for the most part. We ran into a snake along the trail. Ryan was excited and wanted to show it to Hayden. I wanted to keep moving. Ryan thought it was hilarious that I was scared of it but I am definitely not a snake person and didn't want anything to do with it.
Afterward we went and checked out this place at the park that does horse back riding and pony rides. They had a bunch of horses we were showing to Hayden. Then the worker girl brought over a pony for Hayden to see. She wasn't so sure about the pony. I wasn't really sure about it myself. The girl gave me the reins to hold the pony while she took our picture. It didn't bite me or anything so it turned out alright. They did have a little dachshund that Hayden loved. She wanted to get down and play with it. I tried to get a picture of Hayden with the dog but he was running around like crazy and didn't want to slow down for a picture.

I know, I look horrible in this picture. Please
take into account that I just hiked a couple miles :)

So, with the beautiful weather, our trip to the State Park, and General Conference, we had an awesome weekend.


I had to throw this picture in because this is Hayden's new favorite pastime. Every time I open the dishwasher she sprints over to help. She also learned how to shake her head "No". She doesn't know what it means but thinks it's hilarious. I nod my head "Yes" at her and she shakes her head even more. It's so funny to see everything they learn and how amusing the simplest things are.

4 comments:

Lori Cottam Zavoico said...

I am with you on the warm weather.. It's gets so boring being in the house all the time! Looks like a nice weekend! Your little girl is such a doll!

Melenie said...

Carli, you do NOT look horrible in that picture! Looks like lots of fun, its cold here today, but its supposed to be in the 70's on Sunday, I cant wait!

Carlos said...

Yea for warm weather! We're still waiting for that over here....I'm contemplating running away to St. George if it doesn't warm up soon! Looks like lots of fun!

Shylo said...

You will have to show us where that place is...maybe we could all go hiking together when the weather warms back up!