So, here's the story. Yesterday I was sitting on the couch sewing a button on one of Ryan's shirts. I had my sewing stuff in a big baggie full of safety pins. I got a phone call and had to run and grab a pen from the other room. When I came back Hayden had dumped out all of the safety pins. I hurried and picked them up. A few minutes later Hayden started chocking. She coughed for a few seconds and then she was totally fine. I wasn't sure if she swallowed one because I thought I had picked them all up. Ryan wanted to take her to the doctor but I kept saying I didn't even know if she really ate one and if she did it would just pass through. Finally today Ryan made me call the doctor and we took her in for her first X-Ray. Sure enough she swallowed a safety pin! I about died when they showed us the x-ray. The pin looks huge! Poor girl! The doctor said she will be fine but man do I feel horrible. The nurse made sure to make a copy of the x-ray for us. At least Hayden will have a good story now. Oh life is crazy sometimes :)
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
How funny! I know that it probably wasn't funny at the time but it will make for a good story when she gets older. She is so cute can you believe how fast they grow.
Hahaha! What a funny story! Now when Hayden gets older she'll have something funny to tell her friends!
That pin does look big! At least it was closed! Oh the things I have to look forward to, I just know I'll leave stuff like that out all the time too.
Alright so I can't complain about my day the other day. That is so crazy. I'm sure you guys are taking it alot worst than Hayden. Glad she's ok.
We’re so glad Hayden is okay. That being said, this little adventure certainly makes for a good story (and a good photo). Carli, do you scrapbook? If so, this would make a pretty entertaining page.
Holy cow...I am pretty sure I would just freak out. What a crazy x-ray. It is amazing how resilient kids are. Don't feel bad...it is no easy task keeping everything baby proof.
Bet you can't wait to get that surprised diaper
that is so crazy! What a girl.
Post a Comment