On the 4th of July we took the train downtown. My brother and his family came with us. We went to The Taste of Chicago, which is an awesome festival. A ton of restaurants from around town set up booths and sell food and they have a band playing and rides and stuff. It was really fun. Then we headed to Navy Pier. Which is an old pier that the Navy used to use, hence the name. Now it has rides, restaurants, stores, all kinds of fun stuff. It was a lot of fun. Then we caught a trolley to head back to the train station. When we got off the trolley I realized I didn't have my purse. I either left it on the trolley or someone grabbed it. Either way it is stolen now. All of my stuff was in there. My cell phone (which the thief used to make a few calls), credit cards, check book, camera, house and car keys, drivers license......everything. I have never done something like that before and it is so crappy. So, we spent all day yesterday trying to fix things. Ryan changed the locks on our doors, we filed a police report, changed cell phones, closed accounts, got a new license, etc. I am so bummed but hopefully it is all done and nothing too horrible will come from the situation. Anyway, sorry for my ranting. At least we had a great time downtown before the purse drama. I had some cute pictures but obviously I don't have access to those since my camera is long gone. I hope everyone else's holiday was less stressful. Happy 4th of July, a little late!
Also, since my phone is gone, I lost everyone's phone numbers. So, if I should have your phone number please email it to me along with your name. That way I can get all of the phone numbers back. Thanks so much :)

7 comments:
Oh, man, that totally sucks. Doesn't it almost make you want to invest in a good fanny pack? Almost.
How sad! I'm sorry that that happened to you. How stressful too, what a pain to have to cancel everything. I think I would be most upset about my camera. :(
That makes for a crappy week not only day. I'm sorry that had to happen. I have learned from others when I go out like that to only take what I can fit in my pockets. I'm always worried about that. I hope nothing bad comes of it!!!
That's horrible! I'm so sorry! My friends also went to Taste of Chicago and I'm so so so jealous!
That sucks! I'm sorry you had to go through all the changing and getting new copies of! Hope it all works out!...
I do make all Hailey's bows. Here are 2 links to teach you how it's so easy. I made her like 50 million of them!
http://bowdesigns.50webs.com/
https://www.theribbonretreat.com/custom/
free_projects.aspx
I use nylons for the headband, or at the dollar store they have the woven ones. Scrapbook stores have the best ribbon, or walmart.
Good luck :)
Wow! What a way to ruin a fun day! At least you got it all taken care of.
Post a Comment