A couple of you asked about our proposal, so here it is.
It was Labor Day weekend 2004. Ryan's roommate was getting married in Logan Utah. We had other friends up in Logan so we decided to go up together and stay Friday and Saturday night. So, we went and I stayed with my friend Neesha and Ryan stayed with his friends Chalise and Mike.
On Saturday morning Ryan went to his friend's sealing and wedding luncheon. I hung out with Neesha and was waiting for Ryan to pick me up for the reception. Ryan was taking longer than planned and I was getting a little bugged. It took him so long because when he got out of the sealing, he got a call saying my ring was ready. Instead of going to the luncheon, he drove to Clearfield, which is an hour each way, to pick up my ring.
So, he picks me up for the reception and we drive to the Sherwood Hills Resort, where the reception is. The whole way I'm asking Ryan when he thinks my ring will be ready, but he didn't give anything away. We get to the Resort and go into the nice little restaurant there. We walk in and the waiter asks if we have a reservation. Simultaneously I say "No" and Ryan says "Yes". I'm totally confused and Ryan tells me that he wanted to surprise me with a romantic dinner instead of going to the reception. I accepted that explanation. We ate a yummy dinner and then the waiter brought out cheesecake for dessert. Along with it he brought out a tray with a dozen red roses on it. Ryan got down on his knee and proposed there in the restaurant. His friend had dropped off the roses and a camera while Ryan was getting the ring. So, a waitress was taking pictures while Ryan proposed. It was just like in a movie! It really was so romantic and just perfect!
Afterward was so funny. We were staying another night so we headed to the grocery store to get some breakfast stuff. We got pulled over twice on our way to the store because one of the headlights was out on the car. We finally make it and are checking out and the cashier mentions how sparkly and new my ring looks. I told her that we just got engaged. She calls over all of the other workers and they all start oohing and ahhing and clapping. It really was like in a movie.
So, yeah, it was a great proposal and we went and stayed in that Resort for our first anniversary and they even gave us free cheesecake :) Perfect!
It was Labor Day weekend 2004. Ryan's roommate was getting married in Logan Utah. We had other friends up in Logan so we decided to go up together and stay Friday and Saturday night. So, we went and I stayed with my friend Neesha and Ryan stayed with his friends Chalise and Mike.
On Saturday morning Ryan went to his friend's sealing and wedding luncheon. I hung out with Neesha and was waiting for Ryan to pick me up for the reception. Ryan was taking longer than planned and I was getting a little bugged. It took him so long because when he got out of the sealing, he got a call saying my ring was ready. Instead of going to the luncheon, he drove to Clearfield, which is an hour each way, to pick up my ring.
So, he picks me up for the reception and we drive to the Sherwood Hills Resort, where the reception is. The whole way I'm asking Ryan when he thinks my ring will be ready, but he didn't give anything away. We get to the Resort and go into the nice little restaurant there. We walk in and the waiter asks if we have a reservation. Simultaneously I say "No" and Ryan says "Yes". I'm totally confused and Ryan tells me that he wanted to surprise me with a romantic dinner instead of going to the reception. I accepted that explanation. We ate a yummy dinner and then the waiter brought out cheesecake for dessert. Along with it he brought out a tray with a dozen red roses on it. Ryan got down on his knee and proposed there in the restaurant. His friend had dropped off the roses and a camera while Ryan was getting the ring. So, a waitress was taking pictures while Ryan proposed. It was just like in a movie! It really was so romantic and just perfect!
Afterward was so funny. We were staying another night so we headed to the grocery store to get some breakfast stuff. We got pulled over twice on our way to the store because one of the headlights was out on the car. We finally make it and are checking out and the cashier mentions how sparkly and new my ring looks. I told her that we just got engaged. She calls over all of the other workers and they all start oohing and ahhing and clapping. It really was like in a movie.
So, yeah, it was a great proposal and we went and stayed in that Resort for our first anniversary and they even gave us free cheesecake :) Perfect!

8 comments:
That sounds like a great proposal. I don't remember hearing it. I didn't know that it happened in Logan. It just goes to show that Logan is the coolest. Can you tell that I miss my town. I really would love to go back someday. That is a great story...tell about how you both met. I am a sucker for sappy love stories.
Oh, so sweet. I love those kind of surprises!
Oh that is so sweet and romantic. Beats my chicken costume proposal!
Very fun. I've never heard the whole story before. It sounds like my brother is a romantic...
What an awesome memory for you guys!! I bet evertime you have cheesecake it just takes ya back!!
How romantic! You have a great story to tell your kids :) How did you guys meet?
How fun! I love dating and engagement stories!
That is romantic, especially since you were expecting a ring to come your way.
Post a Comment