We haven't been up to anything too exciting but here are the few things we have been doing.

Hayden is now officially in a big girl car seat. Well it hasn't quite made it to the car yet, but she loves to sit in it in the living room. I can't believe how big she is. I remember when she barely took up any room in her newborn seat. Oh memories ;)
Yesterday the weather was so nice. So, we headed outside. Hayden rode her little bike. Then we headed to the park.
She absolutely loves slides. She likes to climb up them (if she can) then slide down over and over and over again. We discovered how strong she is, which is super strong, by putting her up to the monkey bars. At first Ryan was holding her body but she was holding her weight so Ryan let go. She just hung there smiling until we pried her fingers off the bar and made her get down.
Later that day we headed to the Volo Bog with my bro's fam. If you've never been to a bog, it is a marshy type place with a floating board walk that circles it. The first time Ryan and I went, it was super hot and super humid and I was 8 1/2 months pregnant. Needless to say, I was very ornery and decided I hated the stupid bog. Well, yesterday was actually very nice and we had a fun time. We found a few turtles, a snake, and Celtin was throwing a grasshopper at Shylo. Hayden screamed for a bit because we wouldn't let her get in the nasty water. Oh the fun!

We've been so domestic at our house this past week. My visiting teacher gave me 2 huge zucchini and I made 6 loaves of 3 different kinds of bread to freeze. Then Ryan looked up a recipe for Cafe Rio chicken burritos and tortillas. We made it last Sunday and today because it is super easy and super good! I don't think it really tastes like Cafe Rio but it is definitely good.

The blond in my hair was looking really bad and was really hard to keep up with. So, Ryan dyed my hair. The first time didn't work out so well and I ended up calling Clairol's customer service to find out how to fix it. We tried what they told me and instead off my natural brown color that I was going for, I ended up with red. Actually at first it was kind of orange and I was kind of freaking out. Thankfully, the orange has faded over the last few days and now I'm okay with having Auburn hair.
I know it doesn't sound all that great, but it was a really enjoyable weekend :)
9 comments:
Send the Cafe Rio recipe my way! We love easy and yummy.
The food blog I like is sisterscafe.blogspot.com
I like your hair color, its perfect for fall. I love getting my hair dyed, but I agree, its such a pain to upkeep.
Hayden is looking like a big girl going down the slide!
We have the same carseat! Ian loves it. Love your hair! Post your recipes! :)
Love the hair, sounds like a great weekend. Thanks for the birthday e-card loved it. Your daughter is so dang cute!
Hayden looks a little mischievous in the bike picture-so cute!
I'm going to have to email you my cafe rio reciepes they are super yummy!!! I like them better actually I'll send them then you can see what you think. :)
It looks like a fun weekend, and I think you're very lucky to have a husband that would dye your hair...or dare to try haha
Oh the adventures of hair coloring...I know it sends me into a panic mode when I look in the mirror for the first time after dying it, and it's not the color I had in mind! But then you remind yourself-it's just hair-it grows back, color fades, and all will be well...But it wouldn't hurt to have a few wigs on hand just in case ;) *LOL*
Hayden is such a doll! I am being to believe that kids do grow up to fast... Sounds like a great weekend! Love your hair :)
Post a Comment