Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Labor Day

So, I have a love/hate relationship with Labor Day. I love it because it's a holiday and Ryan gets to stay home from work. I hate it because it means summer is pretty much over and that is a big fat bummer. Oh well, what can you do, right?

We spent the day with my brother and his family. We started off playing at a big park. Then we realized how incredibly hot it was outside (about 90 degrees).
So we ditched the park and made a Target run. We picked up this cute but very small frog pool and a sprinkler. Then headed to Adam's to get wet, eat pizza and have root beer floats. It turned out to be a not too eventful but very fun and relaxing day :)

On a side note here, we washed our cars last week and Hayden was so excited. She immediately ran and sat down in the direct flow of water, picked up the bowl and dumped it on her, and then ran around swinging the rags everywhere. Car washing is definitely one of her favorite activities. She was soaked but loving it!

And I just love this picture so I decided to throw it in. Isn't she so sweet? I love that little face.

8 comments:

Melenie said...

That last picture is definitely adorable! It rained the whole weekend here and was freezing yesterday, be glad that you had nice weather!

Shylo said...

I love the pictures of the four kids crammed in the little pool. It makes me smile everytime I look at it! Thanks for hanging out with us on Monday. We love you and are so happy you live so close.

The Devin Stewart Family said...

It looks like you had tons of fun over the weekend. I wished you lived closer so we could see that cute little girl more often.

Tiffini said...

She is so sweet!The uneventful Holidays are always the best you get to relax the most. It was 60 when we came home from SG, so be thankful for your 90!

Lori Cottam Zavoico said...

I have the same love/hate relationship with labor day! Your little girl is so cute! Glad you had a relaxing labor day!

The MacLeods said...

Sounds like you all had a lot of fun! Hayden is such a cutie! At least you guys got to spend time outdoors on Labor Day - ours was raining and really cold!

mindi said...

Oh wow Hayden looks just like you in that last picture.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about this holiday. What a bummer it is to have the summer over. although I am looking forward to some cooler weather.