Monday, August 24, 2009

Cole Ryan


Our baby boy is here. We named him Cole Ryan. He was born on Friday at 12:48 pm. He was 8 lbs 5 oz and 20 1/2 in. I am so glad I was induced a week early. He could have been a 9 pounder. Yikes.


Anyway, the induction went well. When we got to the hospital I was still around a 3. They started the pitocin about 7 that morning and nothing happened. They broke my water and my contractions started getting stronger. I got my epideral about 11:30 and I was at a 4. About 20 minutes later I started feeling contractions on my left side again. I called the nurse to let her know and she decided to check me. I was ready to go. It was so crazy going from a 4 to 10 in 20 minutes. Cole was ready to come right then but the doctor was about 20 minutes away. I had to try not to push for 20 minutes. Ryan and the nurse had me looking at the menu ordering lunch to try to distract me. The doctor finally came and I pushed through 3 contractions and he was here. It was crazy because his cord was in a complete knot. He hadn't shown any signs of distress or anything. The doctor couldn't believe it but luckily there were no complications. The nurse took him to weigh him and had to dodge a huge stream of pee. It was great. Boys are definitely different than girls


We came home yesterday and are all doing well. Hayden wasn't so sure about Cole when she first saw him at the hospital. She loves him now. She loves to hold him and get his binky or blanket for him. She is a good big sister. Thanks to Adam and Shylo for keeping her over night for us so Ryan could stay at the hospital.


I forgot how tiny they are. He is such a good baby and we definitely love our little guy. He is a majorly good eater and growing fast so we'll be sure to post new pictures of him soon.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He's so cute!!

Lacey Fay Cottrell said...

Congrats!! He likes too cute!! I really like the name Cole Ryan its sounds great!! Hope you are doing well So happy for you!

Kathy said...

What an adorable baby boy! You two should have a BATCH of children because they are all so CUTE!!! Congratulations, and try to get some rest, "try" being the key word here ... time passes so quickly.

Cram Family said...

congrats! He is so cute and it sounds like everything went really well. I have to say yes boys are definantly different from girls!! Im sure you guys will love every minute of him and it looks like his sister is also loving him so much!! Congrats again!

Keli said...

He's so cute! Good work, mama. Can't wait to see him!

Melenie said...

Congratulations! I love to see pictures of sweet little newborns. It sounds like everything went FAST, that's good for you!

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

Congratulations! How fun! He's adorable!

Tina said...

Congrats! He is a gorgeous baby, complete with chubby cheeks. So grateful everything went well, I hope you are getting some rest!

Dalynne Denhof said...

what a handsome boy! wow, that is crazy that u went from a 4-10 in 20min's! glad all went well :)
hope you recover quickly!

Jocee said...

Congrats! I'm glad everything went so well. Good luck with the coming weeks!

Paul and Tammy said...

Congrats you guys!!! He is sssoooo cute!

Tim and Heidi said...

He is such a cutie! I love him already! We are so happy for you guys! Let us know if you need anything. We will try to do our best from a few states away. Hope you can come back soon so we can see him! We love you guys!

Cassie said...

Congrats! He is so cute! Its crazy to think of you with 2 kids...werent we just in young womens together??

Tiffini said...

You look so good for just having given birth! Congrats again! He's sure a little cutie!