Thursday, October 7, 2010

1st Day of Preschool

Yesterday was Hayden's first day of Preschool. I got together with some of my friends that have kids Hayden's age and put together a preschool co-op. They go Wednesday and Thursday from 9:30-11:30. Each mom takes a week to teach, helps the following week, and then has a few weeks off. There are 6 kids in her class- Hayden, Lochlan, Avery McMillan, Bradyn Stanger, Eliza Natter, and Aniela Deja.

Hayden was beyond excited! She's been asking every day for the past week if it's time for preschool. On Tuesday night I told her she would be going to preschool in the morning. At 6:45 yesterday morning, she was in my face asking if she could leave for preschool. From then until we actually left a little after 9, she continued to say "Is it time for preschool?" "Hurry, It's time to go" "Come on mom".
Finally, it was time to go. She had her new backpack, that she loves dearly. After a few pictures, we were on our way. When we got to the Deja's house, Hayden was out of the van and in the house. When I went back to pick her up she had had a great time, but wasn't too talkative about it.
Ryan came home for lunch and surprised her with a special Happy Meal for her first day. I told her she is so lucky to have such an involved, loving Dad!!
After lunch she was a little more talkative and told me a little about her day. They learned about letter A. They got to go in the yard and pick real apples from a tree. Then she got to take the seeds out and paint this beautiful picture with her apple!
This morning she was in my face at 7:15 ready to go back for day #2. I think this will be great for both of us. It just so happens that preschool is during Cole's nap time. So, She's there now, Cole is asleep, and I have cleaned up the house, baked some cookies, made my first ever batch of homemade applesauce and now get to relax for a bit.
I could get used to this ;)

1 comments:

Kelley Rae said...

What a fun group, that's awesome you guys were able to put it together. And even more nice that you get a couple hours to yourself each morning. Sweet!