Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sealing/Star Sighting

While we were driving out to Utah, we got the call saying Ryan's brother's baby was finally going to be adopted and sealed to them! It was all taking place in California a few days after Ryan got home from China. Luckily, my parents are AWESOME! and kept the kids while Ryan and I flew to California for a few days. We stayed in some apartments behind the LA temple. We got there about 7am on Friday morning. We spent that day at Universal Studios, which was so incredibly fun. I had a blast. Again, I didn't have my camera out the entire weekend. Lame. But, I was able to borrow pictures from other people :)
Saturday morning we headed to the temple and did some initiatories. Then it was time for the sealing. It was so special and we are so happy Adrian is part of the family forever! He is just 10 days younger than Cole and I'm sure they'll be best buds someday!

Yes, that is Sayid or Naveen Andrews. After the sealing, we headed to a park in Santa Monica for lunch. Sayid (I refuse to call him Naveen) was there with his girlfriend and son. I was so so excited. After about 45 minutes, Megi and I got up the courage to ask for a picture. This event has made me realize that sometimes I'm still that teenage girl who followed LFO's tour bus to the gas station to get my picture taken with them. And I'm glad I'm still that teenager sometimes ;)
Later that night, we headed to Santa Monica pier. There was a big art event going on called GLOW. Different art exhibits were set up along the beach. I'm not cultured enough to appreciate "modern art", I guess, because the exhibits were pretty lame, but the weather was perfect and I love the beach, so I was in heaven.
The next morning Adrian was blessed and it was so special to be there and have Ryan take part. The whole weekend was fantastic and just what I needed.
Sunday night we flew back to Utah. We got to my parents house after midnight and were up loading the van a few hours later.
We said goodbye and were on our way. Poor Hayden cried for 30 minutes because she wanted Grammy.
We stopped one night in Nebraska and then were home. It was a great 5 weeks but we were all definitely ready to get back to our house and real life. A few days after we got home, Hayden said "I'm so happy to be home!" We all are!

2 comments:

exmish said...

SAYID?!?!!! Wow. :D We saw "Richard" in Hawaii last year when we were at the Polynesian Cultural Center, but I didn't want to bug him when he was clearly just a tourist like the rest of us, that day. :D

Jealous!!! :)

Kelley Rae said...

That's so great you got to be there for the sealing. What a fun trip and awesome that your parents could watch the kiddos. Color me jealous too - though I would have been too scared to ask for a picture ;)